The federal government is advising that recent applicants for the Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP) may have been affected by an error in the calculation spreadsheet for wage and hiring support, which erroneously showed they were ineligible for the THRP when they may have been eligible.
You may have been affected if:
- You were applying for period 22 (October 24 to November 20, 2021)
- You used a version of the spreadsheet for wage and hiring that was available between Tuesday December 21, 2021 and Friday December 24, 2021
- You indicated you are a qualifying tourism and hospitality entity and had both a current-month revenue drop and 12-month average revenue drop over 40%
- Step 5 in the spreadsheet showed a zero-dollar amount and gave the message that you were not eligible for the THRP
What to do if you think you have been affected by this error:
1) If you did not apply for period 22: Download the latest version of the spreadsheet (available here) and do your calculation again for period 22 to check if you are eligible to apply for the THRP – Wage
2) If you already applied for the Hardest-Hit Business Recovery Program – Wage or Canada Recovery Hiring Program for period 22: Contact the Business Enquiries line at 1-800-959-5525 to make your THRP – Wage application
The THRP supports businesses, charities, and non-profits who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic through wage and rent subsidies.
The THRP is available to businesses and organizations in the tourism and hospitality industry with a 12-month average revenue drop (March 2020 to February 2021) of at least 40% and a claim-period revenue drop of at least 40%.
REMINDER: From December 19, 2021 to February 12, 2022, businesses with a current-month revenue loss of 25% and who are affected by a capacity-limiting public health restriction of 50% or more are eligible to apply for THRP wage and rent subsidies. Check if you qualify here.