Dr Strang has approved an increase of up to 75% of passenger capacity for charter vehicles, effective immediately.
All Public Health measures and safety protocols must be enacted, including:
- Non-medial masks worn by all (driver and passengers) while on the bus
- Passenger screening
- Hand washing before entering
- Loading and unloading protocols are consistently followed
There are four styles of seating, dependent on the charter type:
- Transit style (at the window)
- Crisscross style (with the empty rows being permitted to have a single occupant) up to max 75%
- Bubble style (each group must be 2 Metres apart) up to max 75% (or whichever the lesser)
- Teams style (any team; crew; work group that doesn’t social distance (when not on the bus) may be a “team” on the bus and sit as they wish) to a maximum of 75%
Contact your Carrier/Operator or the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board for further information on capacity and configuration requirements.
Have more questions?
Visit the Charter Busing Capacity FAQ’s