TIANS continues to support the Hardest Hit Coalition, advocating for targeted support for our businesses and employees. See below for an update and call to action from the Hotel Association of Canada – add your voice today!
Thank you for joining our coalition and working with us to secure targeted support for our businesses and employees. Together, we will have a stronger voice calling on the Government to fulﬁll its commitments in the Speech from the Throne and further tailor its broad-based support programs to meet the needs of the hardest-hit sectors.
Our government-facing campaign is designed to apply pressure at a pivotal moment as the Government prepares to shortly release its Fall Economic Statement. Our goal is to ensure that Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Chrystia Freeland understands that the situation is critical and targeted relief measures are urgently needed in order to survive and position us for recovery. Specifically, we are asking for support in three key areas:
1. Increased wage subsidy support;
2. Relief from fixed costs; and,
3. Access to liquidity.
Our letter will be distributed to Minister Freeland and our other targeted Ministers today. Copies of the English and French letters are attached for your information.
In conjunction with this letter and in order to amplify our message, we are looking to mobilize all of our organizations’ strong MP connections in the next 3 days. The goal is to ask all our champion MPs to contact Minister Freeland to press for deeper support in the Fall Economic Statement.
Here’s How You Can Help
1. Over the next 3 business days, we are asking coalition members to leverage existing relationships with your champion MPs (preferably Liberal; however, if you have a strong relationship with an Opposition member, that is also welcomed) with a phone call, outlining our concerns and recommendations. From there, the key ask to the MP is to have them call Minister Freeland directly and push for immediate action. Please also activate your member base to support our advocacy efforts by calling their own MP contacts with the same message. We are hoping to have 100 phone calls into Minister Freeland’s office through all of our collective networks by the end of the week. Please keep us informed regarding your members’ engagements so we can track and ensure we reach our goal.
2. Share our impact video with the MP to strengthen our message. The video is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKia3aHmlhw&feature=youtu.be.
3. Distribute and encourage your members to complete our 5-minute survey to ensure we are advocating with the most recent data. We need at least 2,000 responses by Wednesday, November 25th. The survey is available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HACNOV2020.